My light colorful meringue cookies melt as soon as they hit your mouth. Not only are they cute, but they are guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth. With a recipe that is easy to modify, you can make these cookies perfect for any occasion.
PSYCHEDELIC MERINGUE COOKIES
COOK TIME: 2 HOURS
TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS 25 MINS
YIELD: ABOUT 20 COOKIES
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp of almond extract (or any other flavored extract)
- Pink and Neon Green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Beat egg whites on high until stiff peaks are formed. (about 2 minutes)
- Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and beat until stiff and glossy.
- Fold in remaining powdered sugar and the almond extract until combined.
- Separate meringue into 2 bowls. (depends on how many colors you wish to use)
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl.
- Fill a ziplock bag or icing bag with each color meringue.
- Cut a small slit on one corner of the ziplock bag.
- Pipe the meringue into circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 175 degrees for 2 hours.
- When finished, let cool for 10 minutes before serving.