Woke up to yet another rainy day here in Orange County. WOMP WOMP. Thankfully I have this bright, rainbow recipe to share with you all. Nothing makes me happier than colors and cake! So today, I decided to combine the two.
COLOR SPLASH RAINBOW ROLL CAKE
PREP TIME: 1 HOUR
COOK TIME: 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS
- 1 box super moist white cake mix
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tub whipped frosting
- 1 tub cool whip
- 1 tablespoon powerded sugar (flour also works)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat eggs until lemon colored. Add in the sour cream, cake mix, oil, and water. Mix until consistent, and there are no lumps.
- Take six bowls, and pour about 3/4 cup of batter into each of the bowls. Add pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple food colorings into each of the bowls.
- Carefully pour each of the colored batters into decorating bags or resealable food storage plastic bags. Cut one corner off each bag and pipe a thin layer of batter into your baking sheet. Continue until your baking sheet has been evenly filled.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cake top springs back when touched.
- Dust two kitchen towels with powdered sugar. Remove the cake from the oven, and quickly flip them onto the towel. Immediately roll up the cake, making sure to peel away the parchment paper. Let the cakes sit for 30 minutes.
- While cooling, in a small bowl, mix together cool whip and whipped frosting. Add sprinkles of your choice.
- Unroll the cake, and spread half of the frosting across the cake and roll into a log. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.